From:
Linda Iroff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Sep 1998 16:24:18 -0400
I am pleased and ridiculously proud to announce that my little cinnamon
mitt, Cookie Monster, bred by Linda Harrah of Ferret Sense, took first
place in one of the Kit Championship rings at the Ferret Extravaganza in
Cincinatti this weekend.  She won not only a lovely blue ribbon, but a
handsome wall clock with a beautiful ferret face.  Kudos to whoever
designed that trophy!

I am also pleased to announce that Peppy, the young ferret with the crushed
skull, took first place in the bowling contest.  Forty-one small bowling
pins were placed in a circle and Peppy knocked down 35 of them in one
minute.  The next nearest competitor only managed 17.  Peppy is living with
Jean Caputo Lee of Ferrets Unlimited, where he gets daily stair climbing
therapy and is adored by the other young ferrets in residence.

And Bonnie, a lovely little albino girl who spent some time in my shelter
and also now lives with Jean, took a first in the Seniors Speciality.
Bonnie was the inspiration for the song "My Bonnie hides under the TV"
which I posted last spring.

Linda Iroff
North Coast Ferret Shelter West
"The Raisin Retreat"