From:
Melinda Nelson-Hurst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Jun 1998 09:33:04 -0400
Hi everyone!

I have a slight problem.  Ramsey who is a little over a year and a half old
altered male(looks like a champagne regular), was recently very ill with
what we think was ECE.  He is much better now, but he is still under weight
from it.  I have tried to feed him any kind of vitamin sup.  and duck soup
recipe, however, he will not eat any of it.  He used to like ferretvite and
nutracal, but he won't eat either any more.  I think part of it is from
being force fed when he was sick(he doesn't want anyone coming near his
mouth with anything now).  And he also seems obsessed with not getting
anything even remotely wet of liquidy on his mouth or face.  If he sniffs
one of the above mentioned sups.  without even touching it he will start
rubbing his face all over any fabric in sight, as if he has something on
his mouth.

My question is, how can I get him back to his normal weight?  He was gaining
for a while but has stayed the same for about a month.  I don't think he has
a problem with the taste of any of these things, it is just the texture.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Melinda and gang.