From:
Mary H Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Mar 2004 06:53:54 -0500
Hello everyone!

I just wanted to say how much I am enjoying reading everyone's postings
about their ferrets.  The love and affection all of you have for your
*little furries* is so elating - somehow these little creatures just seem
to instill a sense of well-being and joy.  We have one ferret who is
quite old (about 8 years old), and we feel so fortunate to have her and
have her be in such good health.  I have been astounded at the vast array
of very serious illnesses that ferrets are prone to develop.  The only
thing our little Wheezy has had a problem with is a single mast cell
tumor (which spontaneously regressed), and a bad case of fleas just after
we introduced another cat into our house.  But we got rid of those, and
now she's a happy, healthy little weasel.

Just one question though.....she LOVES hot chocolate (cooled, of course)
and Pepsi.  We don't FEED these to her, but if she finds a cup with
either of these beverages that she can get her head into, she will
drink them!  Does anyone know if these things can do her any harm?

Thanks for all the great information and touching stories.  And I really
do hope that there is a Rainbow Bridge.....I really look forward to
seeing all my *children* when it comes my time to cross over.

Mary Parker