Date:
Sat, 16 Dec 1995 00:32:02 -0500
I received one of those dreaded calls tonite.  Someone has lost their
ferret.  She's a light brown sable, female, 8 month old named Lulu.  Lulu
was last seen wearing a collar with her owners name, address, and phone
number on it, and a jiggle bell.  If someone finds a ferret matching this
description (starting to sound like Americas Most Wanted!), please email me
or give me a call at 619-440-8823.  This number has been out in the Ferrets
Anonymous newsletter so hopefully we can help lost ferrets return home.
When you call just ask for Chris, if I'm not available, please leave a
message.  Lulu has been missing for 3 hours now as of December 15th, at
09:25 P.M.  Pacific Time.  Hopefully they will find that she has just found
a new hiding place.

Speaking of lost ferrets, what do people suggest you do when one is lost?
I've heard suggestions of using squeaky toys(best to train them to a sound
to come to before they are lost), placing a cage,bedding, and food outside
the door if you think they are lost outside, notifying kids in the area that
you've lost a pet, and even putting flour on the porch outside your door to
see if any footprints show up indicating your ferret may have come to the
door.  CDFA has a wonderful set of lost posters that I suggest everyone get,
or at least be prepared with pictures of your own ferret to post.

Please email me with your suggests and I'll compile a list to be reposted.
Please keep our lost ferret in your prayers and hope that she is returned
safe and sound!

Thanks!

Chris