From:
Kymberlie Becker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Jul 1997 04:17:52 -0400
Hello all:

There are still a handful of states that still need volunteers to research
for the International Ferret Rights Information Center.  I have been getting
volunteers on a daily basis, so THANK YOU all that are working on this
project!  However, there are still some areas that need representation.
Again, even if your state is not listed, we can always use more than one
volunteer to help with the work load.  So if you live on Earth and want to
make a few phone calls to gather information in your state or country,
volunteer!

States that still have NO volunteers:
ALABAMA
ALAZKA
HAWAII
IDAHO
NEVADA
NEW MEXICO
NORTH CAROLINA
NORTH DAKOTA
OREGON
SOUTH DAKOTA
TENNESSEE
UTAH
WYOMING

As far as Hawaii goes, obviously nobody there owns a ferret, since you can't
get into the state with one.  However, there is no rule that says that you
have to LIVE in the state that you are researching!!  If anyone wants to
work on Hawaii, please volunteer.  Some of the states listed above have
ferret clubs and associations.  If you know of one, contact them and find
out if they would be willing to work on this project.

Countries that are represented are: Australia (Queensland), Canada (only
Alberta, British Columbia, Saskatchewan) France, Israel (Jerusalem), and
Germany (Berlin and the other volunteer did not specify).  I am interested
in research data from any country that has ferrets.

Thanks again to all who have offered to help!

Kymberlie Becker
Director, Pennsylvania Ferret Rescue Association
"Forget Puppy Love...There's nothing Greater than Ferret Love!" TM
http://home.sprynet.com/sprynet/ferretlady