From:
weaselwoman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 Oct 2004 16:43:13 -0400
Heidi was diagnosed with insulinoma last March.  I lost Heidi last
night/early this morning at the vet's.  When I went to feed her yesterday
at noon, she was having a seizure.  I tried honey on her gums and a warm
sugar solution and nothing was working.  Her jaws were clamped so tight,
the sugar solution was just running out of her mouth.  I got a neighbour
to drive us to the vet.  She stopped seizing during the ride down there
and of course I thought the worst was over.  She started again in the
vet's office and stopped and started again.  She had at least 4 seizures
before the vet even saw her and Cathy saw her pretty quickly once we got
there.  Her blood glucose was only 2.9.  Cathy gave her drugs to increase
her glucose level and valium to stop the seizures.  I left her at the
vet's fully expecting they would be able to get her glucose level up, and
Cathy thought I would be able to take her home today.  Instead they
phoned me this morning and said that she passed away during the night.

I went down and wrapped her little body in polar fleece to send her off
to the crematorium, and paid the vet bill.  I didn't get to talk to Cathy
because she was very busy when I went down, but I read on the bill that
she had several more seizures through the evening and night and they
were really bad ones.  The account said she was screaming +++, and they
would get her stopped and she would start up again.  I saw Murphy during
a "screaming seizure" and it was horrible.  In a way I'm glad I was
spared that with Heidi, But I feel really bad that she was alone when
she passed and I hadn't had a chance to tell her about the Rainbow
Bridge.  I honestly thought that she would pull through when we could get
her glucose level up.  The thing that really gets me is that she was such
a good eater.  She took her meds so well and even ate her kibble between
her duck soup feedings, I certainly wasn't prepared for the out-come.

Sandee please help her find all of her cage mates that have gone before
her.  They are quite a crew, Moxy, Baby, Mitzy, Sandy, Daisey, Toby,
Bear, Murphy, Smokey, Bandit, Beaseley and Casey.Tell her, please, that I
am so very sorry I was not with her when she crossed and that I didn't
get a chance to tell her about the Rainbow Bridge.  Please tell her I
will always love her and miss her.

Missing 13 "Little Angels" @ the Bridge
Sally St. Germain and her 7 "Little Saints"
Hi.....my name is Sally.....I am a ferret-a-holic!!!!!