From:
IK4WMG - Andy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Aug 1997 14:04:57 +0200
Hi guys, thank for reading the message.  I need a lot of help with my new
pet.  It is a white very young ferret named Furyo.  It is highly unruled.

First problem
Totally unable to use as toilette the same place more than twice and very
very spiteful.  Every time I put something in a corner it change corner, and
now that corners are finished (hi) it "go to the bathroom" even in the
middle of the room.  In few word: everywhere, but not where you want.  10
days of patience training as no result.  We (I and my wife) try with treats,
with word (does it speak italian...?), with violence (violence fer a
ferret...some little slaps on the bottom...).

Second problem
It bite EVERYTHING is within his mouth range.  EVERYTHING means EVERYTHING,
included iron, shoes, brick and obviously me and my wife.  It doesn't bite
hard but anyway is annoying.  It doesn't bite only when ... it is eating!
In this case too no results with training.  Nor pushing the finger in its
mouth, nor flick the nose, nor little slap.

Third problem
Does a ferret develop any sort of love for the human?  Does they like to be
stroked?  Does they play with you in some other way than bite and fight and
bite and fight?  What did I buy?  A pet or a wild beast?  Is this becouse it
is very young?  (22 cm long without tail)

Conclusion
Is there someone out there that ever see a quite ferret?  Mine seems
tottally nevrotic... I take it out of the cage 2 or 3 time a day for 1 or 2
hours totally.  I hate to see animals in cage so my wishes was to let them
free in the house but I begin to realize that I was wrong.  I had 2 cats for
years and they seems to love us, recognize us and care of us.  Ferret seems
unable of any kind of love and affection.

Please help me with your experience, and thanks to this reflector

CIAO!!!

An Italian Ferret Owner

IK4WMG - Andy
ShortWave/\LongLife