From:
"Meg Carpenter, Chaotic Ferrets" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Jul 1995 20:44:24 -0400
Dear FMLr's:

I have just caught up on a week or so of FML and other mail.

Debbie - Please Stop.  ECE or the greenies is simply a fact of life with our
ferrets for now and in the future.  I don't mean to be rude, but please give
it a rest.  Deal with it as it occurs.  I have been tracking the greenies
since the first outbreak, along with many others.  I have had in in my home
twice.  Once a  major outbreak and second on bringing in a new rescue.  I
recently had a 7 month old jill taken out of season in a shelter/breeder home
with  periodic  greenies.  I did not worry.  She did not come down with it.
 Had she, I would have treated her.  I have never passed on the greenies to
anyone else by my recovered ferrets and we have lots of visitors.  There is
simply no point in continuing the stir the cauldron, or pointing fingers in
blame.  I am and have always been available for nursing care advice on
greenies.  If anyone needs advice, I can be reached day or night at
703-765-4353.  Meg Carpenter. National Health Coordinator, League of
Independent Ferret Enthusiasts.    P.S. This is my title, but the opinion
expressed above is my own.  meg