Date:
Sat, 22 Aug 1998 09:00:37 -0700
>... I adopted my 6 week old BES girl on Wednesday and ...

Since your baby is so young, try giving her ground turkey and baby formula
(the breeder of my two girls told me to use the soy based & not the milk
based stuff) This should be very easy for her to digest and very yummy to
her for eat, too.  Once she has started eating that, give her a feeding in
the morning, one when you get home, and one before bedtime.  You may have to
hand feed her the first time.  To get her to eat it on her own, try this:
sit on the floor with her, the food bowl infront of you.  put a small bit of
the turkey stuff on your hand for her to eat, but hold your hand right over
the bowl, so her face would be almost in the bowl if your hand wasn't there.
Next bite of food, try to get her to eat from your fingers, over the bowl.
Then try to get her to take it from your fingers *in* the bowl.  This is
only if she doesn't go so hog wild over the turkey! :)  For now, don't
worry too much about having her eat the Iams if she'll eat the turkey.

Good luck & keep us posted.

Trish & the fuzzy five