From:
"Richard Buckley, Margaret Ransome" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Jul 1995 19:39:16 GMT
Hmm... BIG: "Get to your rooms, and don't come out until you can
             play together in peace!"
      Dr W: "And, no T.V. (thoughtful vet) until you behave!"

I must say that I understand and support Bill's actions on this. I was
just about getting to the point of posting a note about the futility of
politically charged E-Mail exchanges. I end up getting sucked into too
many at work. Nothing of value comes from the politicing there either,
but seems a Civil Servent's duty to be a political (and I thought it was
apolitical). Your timing is impecable as always Bill.

Bill is so very right about the medium of E-Mail being a difficult one
to use effectivly, hence the invention of emoticons :-) Even with emoticons
communication is difficult. Was I realy smilling? Is it a typo, or a lie?
And should there be a period there? Gramatically required, but I don't have
a mole on my chin. I find english difficult itself (my mother toung is C)
let alone E-Mail conventions.

There is too much violence in the world. It seems human nature to fight over
assumed transgressions. It is too bad that real time does not have as good
a moderator as the FML. I don't understand the fuss either, my ride home from
work seems to perform an automatic politicalectomy. I only read the FML
for the facts, and human(ferret) interest.

Dr. Williams, I hope you will reconcider. I am sure that you will be able
to differentiate genuine requests for information from spurios position
bolstering.

Bill, feel free to post this if you like, but I will not be surprised if
this little missive is just one of the tumble weeds caught in the wake of
a thundering herd of incomprehensible words bound for oblivion.
--
Richard.