From:
PAT ANDREWS <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Oct 2000 23:14:44 -0400
For those of you that are as fascinated by black footed ferrets as I am,
I'd like to let you know that the September/October 2000 issue of
"Zoogoer," the magazine of the National Zoo in Washington, DC has a cover
article with 8 pages of text and photos on these extremely endangered
cousins of our beloved pets.

I'm pretty sure they sell copies of "Zoogoer" throughtout the zoo, which
means there is a chance you can get one by calling the zoo and ordering it.
The number printed in the issue and newsletter is: 202-673-4961.

I saw my first black footed ferret at the National Zoo, and I had the
pleasure of of introducing my nephew (3 years old at the time and a big
prairie dog fan) to the retired breeder on exhibit at the small mammals
house on members' night.  As luck would have it the critter was wide awake
and industriously grooming.

Pat and the Furry Inspirations