From:
batzwing <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Feb 2001 06:23:05 -0600
WE had a ferret show up at work yesterday, symptoms...pale mucous
membranes, weak, swollen looking skin appeared to be bruised .  awake,
but barely responsive.  could NOT get blood, veins kept collasping,
finally cut a toenail, blood was kool aid like.  He was not bleeding out
of anywhere, he died within the hour.  He was 1 year old and came from a
local pet shop.  DOES ANYONE have any idea, my vet is stumped and we are
concerned that the other ferrets he was housed with may come down with
this..and he was with QUITE alot of other ferts.  Please email me directly.

Stay fuzzy
June