Date:
Sun, 22 Jul 2001 17:41:30 -0400
THanks to Patty for her kind note about the ferret soaps .. I appreciate
it!  In answer to her question about how people can purchase them:

What I usually do is sell them to ferret shelters at my cost to make them
(I donate my work on them ... I'm talking materials only here .. about
$1.50 per soap, plus postage).  Then the shelters resell them at a profit.

I'm happy to make them for ANY shelter that requests them, as my time
allows.  (Making them is a bit time-consuming, as they are very
labour-intensive.  In a really good week, I can make about 20, although
most weeks I average more between half a dozen and a dozen ...)

Ferretwise Shelter ([log in to unmask], and www.ferretwise.org, I
believe) currently has some of my soaps and is selling them.  (I think she
has some of them on Ebay, too .. and she has washcloths and towels with a
cute ferret applique to go with them).  You can email her for more info.
on that.

In case you are curious what they look like, they run about 4 or 5 ounces
(about the size of an Irish Spring bar, or a bit larger), and they are in
the shape of the silhouette of a ferret.  (I make them by pouring soap
into cookie cutters, and I have six handmade cutters .. so I have six
different ferret silhouettes ...).

Some are clear, some are opaque, and some have shiny mica in them.  I
often embed "fun" objects in them, to include glow in the dark stars and
other toys, rubber erasers in shapes like watermelons, soccer balls,
etc., plastic bugs, etc .. whatever people want.  I've also made totally
unscented and uncoloured soap for people with allergies, too.  (I have a
list of the soap's ingredients, if anyone would like them).

Oh, and most of the soaps have a gold heart-shaped soap embedded in
them so you can see the heart on one side.  It's a ferret with a heart
of gold. :->

- Ela

   (000)___(000)        Ela Heyn
   ======@======    http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/5483