From:
Kimberly Ord <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 Jan 2004 00:37:31 -0500
>what I was told by Marshalls is that sense (sic since) I do not have
>the guarantee card that there is nothing they can do,

When I purchased Bali, my now 10 month old female fert, she came with
paperwork that MF gives the pet store to give to new owners of their
ferrets.  What I got was a ferret pamphlet that had info about ferret
care and inside it was the guarantee card.  The guarantee card was a
double postcard size with one half you keep (has the guarantee number
on it) and one half you mail in to MF within 30 days of buying a ferret
(also contains the guarantee number for their records).  Once MF gets
the postcard, they send you a large envelope (8x10) that includes more
info about ferrets, a leaflet on their products for ferrets, and a
personalized birth certificate for the ferret (on the card you send them,
you write in the name you gave the ferret and the coloring it is) ..
the dob is already on the card when you get it from the pet store.

As for their guarantee policy (on their website at:
http://www.marshallpet.com/resources/cust_service/guarantee.asp )
it states you need the guarantee card, copy of receipt for purchase of
ferret, copy of UPC of MF food and letter from vet about the claim.  It
also states that MF only guarantees for one year and not past that.  But
as the original post stated it was a batched alter, they do guarantee
that up to a year after purchasing the ferret.

Kim