From:
MR PAUL M RAHMAN <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Dec 1994 19:21:02 EST
Subject: Ferret Legislation in Michigan.
Sender: Paul Rahman

At 11:42am, the Honorable Governor John Engler signed into law, HB 4495,
the 'ferret bill', making Michigan instantly ferret legal, and the 47th of
the fifty states to recognize the Ferret as a 'domestic companion animal'!!

I wish to thank EVERY ONE who helped in this effort. From feedback I had
gotten alone, PLUS communication with those who gave me the feedback, it
was 'our fellow Americans', who came to arms in our time of need who helped
convince Governor Engler that the ferret is a loving companion.

We now must set forth to help bring materials and time to educate the
public on 'potential' ownership, 'I've got one, NOW what do I do?', and
'this is a ferret-the nation's third most popular COMPANION animal!' I'm
sure the GLFA will be needing support for continuing education. Shelters
will be needed for those 'impulse buyers', and I intend on trying to help.
Soon, we'll be having shows, and enjoy the luxury of taking our fuzzies
freely with us, enjoying the companionship and love we share with them. I
just wish my Roxanne was able to share this, along with Rascal. Roxanne
joined Rascal at Rainbow Bridge last week after tragically getting trapped
in her domain she shared with me freely, and her predicament was not known
till she was found.

I will be introducing a new person to the FML soon. He and his wife are
both officers of the GLFA, and also are breeders.

Becki-our fuzzies are FREE!!!

Sincerely,
Paul in MI