From:
Shawn Richardson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Dec 2002 02:18:15 -0800
Sorry to post so much this issue, but when you've got time to do things,
you have to do them or they don't get done.

Loki had to move in with Nikita, Pirate, and Smokey, because Lance turned
his disturbingly violent bullying on him.  I am pleased that the bad
behavior has lessened by a great amount since Lance was left with his
bonded "brother", Merlin.  He is still rough housing a lot, but I know
those two will wrestle loudly and still be safe; they've been doing that
since they were kits.

A major load of stress has been lifted off the four now living together
apart from Lance and Merlin.  They play more happily than I have ever
seen, when out by themselves.  When Lance and Merlin are out alone,
they climb the cage holding the other ferts in it obsessively and
repetitively-- again and again, no matter how many times you remove them
from on high.  They all played together last night, and it was fairly
calm-- for the most part; I was supervising the whole time, of course.
Nikita, to be expected, was hesitant to play, but all the others seemed
pleased.  Nikita warmed up to the situation a bit, but she stayed close
to me and away from Lance.

Thanks to all of you who wrote me with advice!

From:
Lori and Rat's Brats
(Lance, Loki, Merlin, Nikita, Pirate, & Smokey)