Date:
Mon, 2 Feb 2004 17:49:19 -0500
>From:    sargentcolburn

It appears that yet again, someone is offended or upset that someone
didn't say something the way they deem appropiate.  A very common
occurrence here.

>Persuasion isn't the equivalent of "screw you and your position." That
>isn't debate.  It doesn't educate.  In fact, it tends to alienate your
>audience.  So do snarling remarks to your audience like "Is it such a
>hard concept to grasp..."," why is it so hard for some people to
>accept".... Persuade us.  Don't make it sound as if we are too stupid
>to follow your reasoning.

The above is a perfect example of someone letting their emotions take
over.  "Scew you and your position" was never even hinted at.

>I'm not too stupid to follow your reasoning.  Talk to me, not down to
>me.  And if you can't find something more substantive to bolster your
>argument than that your opponent is spreading lies, and out to terrify
>the ignorant, just don't bother in the first place.

If you read the whole post you would have seen I sent a link that if a
person chose to they could go and read, and if they weren't interested
in learning more about raw then list space wasn't being taken up.  My
post was not to debate raw vs kibble, it was only to comment on posts
containing falsehoods to discourage people from feeding raw.  Again, the
link was posted to give more info to those that want it without sparking
a debate.  The only "arguement" I mentioned was that ferrets, dogs, and
cats are carnivores and so feeding them like one should not have to be
defended and falsehoods that raw is bad for them is lying.  The only
persuading I was trying to do was to get people to realize that they
shouldn't be afraid to feed their pets a species appropriate diet despite
information to the contrary that would lead you to believe ferrets, cats
and dogs are no longer carnivores, but kibblevores.

  ~Amy~