From:
Steve Austin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 May 2001 01:30:06 -0400
Chad wrote:
>I'm considering moving to New Jersey and would appreciate any information
>regarding ferret policies in this state.  Plus, any additional
>information about the state.  I've never been there, but have a promising
>job opportunity.  Any current or past residents I would love to hear from
>you!!

I am, I am from NJ.  I have to reply quickly before someone posts
something negative about the state.  Poor NJ is always the brunt of
jokes from unhappy New Yorkers!

I love this state, but you have to be careful about where you choose to
live.  There are beautiful areas and there are not so beautiful areas,
like everywhere else.  So, e-mail me if you know where you are going to be
working.  The great place about NJ is that everything is pretty close, at
least East to West, if you look at a 30 mile radius from where your job is
there will be tons of great places.  In the North East, I am 1/2 hour from
the hustle bustle, and entertainment of NYC, I am 1 1/2 hours from the
great ski areas ( well as good as it gets in the NE) and the mountains of
the Poconos (PA), I am anywhere from 1/2 to 3 hours from the shore, and
PA,NY,CT,DE, and MD are all close by ( 4 hours from D.C.)  On the down
side housing has gotten quite expensive, and traffic is getting bad, as
well as the rush to move out of cities into suburbs and farms are being
torn down and tracks of townhomes and such are being thrown up.  From
what I have seen, this is happening everywhere.

All in all, I think you will like it in NJ, and there are many ferrety
people here as well!

Patty
p.s. Shhh, don't tell everyone how great it is here, have enough trouble
getting to work :)