From:
AarrowRanch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Aug 2007 17:59:42 -0400
RePete was a rescue. He was about 5 when I got him so he is about 8
now. He was a solo fert, did not get along with others but was a great
little guy by himself. He even gave me tons of kisses all over my
fingers and sometimes my face.

Past few nights he would get into bed with me and start licking me on
my body. I kind of wish he would pick a better time to get so friendly
but I played with him a bit just the same.

I guesshe was trying to tell me something. He was asking for help. He
was making some throat noise, kind of like when you have a frog in your
throat. That did not occurr to me as being something serious where they
do breathe heavy at times.

This morning he was pretty slow in moving. I collected him out from
under the chest of drawers he likes to sleep under and put him in the
cage so I could go to work. But this time he didn't make much movement,
just kind of layed there a bit but moved very slowly over the pillow
case he rests on.

When I got home he was laying on the bottom of his cage, a normal place
for him. So I opened the door to let him out. He looked sound asleep,
but didn't budge. I thought that did not look good. And it for sure was
not. He had passed there laying on his back on the floor of the cage
where he usually rested. I picked him up and he was had rigor, it had
not fully set in so he passed in the early afternoon. So sad. Is not a
good day.

Rest in peace little buddy. You are a very good littly guy, and gave me
a ton of friendship and enjoyment. I will miss you deeply as I do all
the others..

Gordon

Rev. J. Gordon Bengtson
Aarrow Ranch Aviation