From:
Lisa & Sunshine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Aug 1999 09:39:14 EDT
I was wondering if it's considered "normal" food for ferrets to eat eggs.
It's high in protein and fat.  I was thinking of mixing egg yolk (or
perhaps the whole egg?) with her Totally Ferret and Ultimate 8 in 1.  We
use to do that with our golden retriever and she loved it.  It was also
great for her coat.

I've also been testing different receipes with Sunshine.  I've tried
blending chicken liver, chicken pieces (including the fat) and olive oil
with her kibble.  She turned her nose up at it.  She will eat pieces of
chicken (cooked in olive oil), or should I say she will eat one piece,
then keep taking the pieces I give her and stow them in her cage.

So, the question was are eggs (yolk, whites, or both) ok to give to
ferrets?

Lisa & Sunshine