From:
Anne Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Dec 2000 22:57:48 EST
We're chugging along here--had a major scare this morning--while trying to
drag the weary bones out of bed into the cold morning air I was listening
to the local talk radio station, and heard that since YESTERDAY morning
there had been a boil water warning.  Oh No!!  We've been drinking it,
giving it to the ferrets, etc.  Ran downstairs and dumped all the water out
of the bowls and bottles and refilled with the bottled water we always keep
here for such times.  Luckily they have lifted the warning, and all EPA
testing shows that the water was never contaminated to begin with.  Whew!!

"The Ear", who was the ferret with the huge tumor growing out of his ear,
was operated on today.  Dr. Kim had to remove the ear, but he got the tumor
and expects the little guy to make a full recovery.  He was nuetered at the
same time.  He is being nursed back to health by Yvonne.

On to new things...I've asked some people to coordinate the adoption and
shelter placements of these ferrets for me.  If you are interested, you
must contact the appropriate person.

Alicia Drakiotes will be handling all of New England
Faith Hood will be handling MD/VA ([log in to unmask])
Brenda Miller will be handling NY/OH ([log in to unmask])
Diane Bodofsky will be handling PA ([log in to unmask])
Yvonne DeCarlo will be handlling Northern & Central NJ ([log in to unmask])
Kim Rushing will be handling Southern NJ ([log in to unmask])

If you are in any other state, please choose the person closest to you to
contact.  We will NOT ship these ferrets any way other than by private car
(or minivan or SUV, you get the idea.) They've been through too much stress
already, plus it is too cold for Delta Dash right now.  Ths above people
are all experienced shelter people who will be screening other shelters
and potential adopters, as there is no way I can do it all.

Thanks to:
*My husband Jim, who has been a saint and is currently downstairs scooping
poop and handling ferrets with no gloves.  Not sure if he is suicidal or
drunk...

*My Disney Store co-worker Sara for picking up my Friday evening shift so I
could be here when Dr. Kim makes a house call to finish nuetering the hobs.

*My complete and utter thank you and total praise to Dr. Paul Kim of
Ridgefield Park Animal Hospital.  He has been unbelievably gracious and
brilliant through this entire ordeal.  If anyone wants to thank him,
please send him a note to:

Ridgefield Park Animal Hospital
215 Main St.
Ridgefield Park, NJ 07660

*Someone dropped off a cage, toys and some other supplies, but I'm not
sure who it was--maybe from MA?  Whoever you were, thank you!!

*We were also given a cage by Nancy and her father in Hamilton Square, NJ,
thanks!

On to what the ferrets could still use:
You guys are THE BEST!!!  Once everything offered has arrived I'll be set
except for a few things.  I still could use:

*3-5 small, stackable cages suitable for 1-2 ferrets so I can seperate
them all after surgery for recovery.

*Toys for the crew

*I'll also be needing litter (pelletized newspaper, please) around late
next week.

*Helping hands in the evening and weekends (I have help through Saturday
at this point.)

*Not sure if I thanked Judith White already on the FML, but again thanks
to her, Ela and Georgia for being the very best to shelters!

*Some sleep :-)

At this point, I have all the supplies I will need other than the above.
If you want to make a donation,please consider donating directly to the
SOS fund to defray the vet bills.  Here is the details:

###########################
>If you would like to help with the huge vet bills that will result from
>this rescue, we will send any donations directly to the vets.  Make out
>the check to:
>
>Support Our Shelters      and mail it to:
>Judith White
>1236 Belfield Avenue
>Drexel Hill, PA 19026-4211
>
>Note in the memo line that the money is for the NJ Ferret Rescue
>All donations are tax deductible, and for those of you who like to dot
>your i's and cross your t's on your 1040 forms, S.O.S.'s EIN is 23-3062176
>Judith White
>610-446-8036 (our answering machine is very unreliable)

Again, thank you all soooo much!
Anne