From:
Laura Young <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 Oct 1996 04:59:04 -0500
Hi all it is us again, Tavi, Booger, Halo and Mom.  Today we would like to
share some info.

Since we added Halo to our family our old hammock has been out grown.  So we
needed a new one that would accomodate 2 big boys and little Tavi.  Since I
haven't seen anything bigger than our old one that's 7 inches across I
bought a mesh laundry bag (since the other one is mesh too).  I tested it
out before cutting it to see how they liked it.  Once I was sure they did, I
cut it(the bottom, no sewing involved!) to size and used boot laces to hook
it up.  I also threw in a few old pillow cases and towels to keep them warm.
In thier old one there was no room for blankets.  Since I had a lot of the
bag left I also hooked up another little hammock in another part of the cage
just in case someone gets in a tiff.  Since I *still* have some left I'm
going to cut a side out of a duffle bag and add the mesh so they have a new
fert carry bag.  All this for about $12 for the laces and the mesh bag!

Fert games----when I was a kid I liked it when my mom would take a sheet and
poof it up in the air and I could get under it in my own little bubble.
Well so do my ferts.  They like to take turns being under it while another
one jumps on the top of the sheet trying to find them.  Kind of a fert marco
polo thing I guess.

We tried the idea of catching rides on a towel yesterday.  They loved it!

Cheap toys----1)A huge plastic department store bag, with supervision.  My
guys love any plastic bag they can get thier paws on big or small so long as
it crinkles.

2)This takes a little time but it's cheap.  Plastic bottles.  I use Gatorade
or spring water bottles.  Just cut the tops and bottoms off and duct tape
them together.  The ferts love them and they last long too.

3)Boxes...same as little kids liking the box and wrapping better than the
toy.  When we get a big box from wherever and they get in it's time for fert
wresling<sp?>.

Just a little story---The other day Tavi was playing with her cat punching
bag thingy (it's a suction cup thing that has a rod on it and a clear ball
with a bell in it, on the end), she likes to carry it around a lot.  Well, I
went into the kitchen to get something and there she was just staring at her
toy, it had come apart.  When she saw me she came over and then walked back
to it and I could have sworn I heard her say "Mommy my bell thing is
dead!!!" So I picked her and it up and sat them on the counter.  She was
soooo good.  She sat there and waited for me to tape it up.  Usually sitting
on the counter isn't what happens she usually takes the chance to explore.
So after it was all fixed I picked them up again and put her on the floor
and handed it to her and again I could have sworn I heard her say "Oh!
Thank you Mommy, thank you" as she took it in her mouth and scampered away.

Just wanted to share thanks for reading!

Ferret kisses and well wishes to all!
The Troublesome Trio & Mom