From:
Linda Decelles <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 3 Feb 2002 20:06:16 -0600
Our new baby ferret needs a name.  He is an albino, that we took in from
the Pet Store because of their power outage due to the Ice Storm.  The
first night in our home he was scared and spent an hour and a half curled
up on my chest, under my chin, so still!  He got down later and did a
little very cautious exploring, hiding frequently.  Afterwards he cuddled
with me some more.  I've never seen a healthy ferret so still - when not
sleeping.  I starting thinking of him as Snowball - but that doesn't
really fit anymore.  He no longer stays still.  Last night I let him have
a romp with the others.  He fit right in.  NO FIGHTS.  But, then again,
he didn't stay still long enough for any kind of disagreement to start.
We laughed so hard watching him.  He is about 11 weeks old and lean and
lanky.  He splays his front feet outward with each leap.  He doesn't walk,
or even run - but leaps, war dances and scampers everywhere.  Sassy (our
tiniest ferret and one of our 3 ladies) rules the business.  She puts
everyone in their place from the start.  Well, last night she tried to let
the new guy know that she is boss.  But, every time she tried to pin him
down, he slipped away unfazed.  She got a really puzzled look on her face.
It was so funny.  Rascal - our big Albino male (with a bit of a belly)
tried to follow him around, but it was pathetic.  The new one would leap
in to the swimming pool full of empty plastic, water bottles and back out
again, before Rascal even got completely into the pool.  My sides were
sore from laughing so much at all the antics.  He was rather disappointed,
when we put him back up in his cage for the night.  I have to come up with
the perfect name for him.  Snowball doesn't really fit.  He is too sweet
to call Snow Storm or Stormie.  I've thought of Sprite.  Norman says he
reminds him of a bear cub the way he runs.  So , HELP!  I need some name
suggestions, Please!

Linda
and my son, Norman, & the 9 furry heart stealers:
Frisky, Sassy,  May, Rascal, Bandit, Saint Patrick, Mittens, Curious
George, ?? (the new one)
from Lawrence, KS
with Baby and Handsome watching from the Rainbow Bridge