Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Wed, 15 Sep 1993 13:15:33 -0400
Hi, it's Jodi..."Murphy" decided his name was Leopold, so I have to go along
with this.  After more time with him, and lots of letters (thank you!), I
believe that he is indeed playing on the bed.
But the *sock* thing!  Leopold has the same sockfoot fascination that Enrique
talked about.  He attacks all socks on the floor, and my feet only when I am
socked.  I wear goofy slippers around him so I won't stomp him with my boots or
have to feel his teeth on the ball of my foot.
I didn't realize how comatose ferrets get when they sleep!  Makes for a good
"home exam" time: he is missing 3 toes on one of his hind feet.  Doesn't seem
to bother him; I figure either he was born that way or his mum chewed them off.
I'm curious about snacks as well.  My friend set down a plate of carrots; he
wasn't remotely interested in the carrots, but grabbed the edge of the plate in
his terrifying fangs (snicker) and dragged it around the room.  He did the same
with an ice-cream cone, galloping around merrily, "Hey, hey, look what I
conquered, ta da!"  I know all the taboo foods for dogs, cats, and rats, but
not for him, and I'd love to know of some safe treats for him.  (He didn't eat
the ice cream cone.)
And, in case someone would be interested in this, I have the catalog number for
a company that sells "Woofie Totes" or some such thing, that is a shoulder bag
with a zip top with the zipper pull snapping down at a corner for security.  It
has ventilation panels on the side of it, and is available for about $18 in
it's weaselesque size.
Okay, I'm done,
Jodi and the Lesser-Toed Leopold.