From:
"Anna M. Adam" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Apr 1996 14:23:33 -0500
The Ferret Name List (for those of you who don't know) is a project I
started awhile back (less than a year).  I was interested in what and why
ppl named their ferrets what they did.  I asked for email and BOY did I get
it.  I put together a little database to keep track of all the names.  It's
kind of fun, really.  If you want to view this list you can:

1) mail [log in to unmask] with no subject and SEND FERRET NAMES
   in the body of the message.
2) view the list at http://www.comland.com/~ahn/ferretlist.html
or 3)   email me with a request for the list. I can send it as an attached
file in Word format (a few other formats if you specifically request it).
If you just want a text version of the list, your best bet is to mail
listserv because that's what I'd be forwarding to you anyway.

The list was last updated at some ungodly hour sometime between Sunday and
Monday of this week...  no wait, sometime between Wednesday and Thursday.  I
won't have it on the web page for another couple of days.  I JUST mailed it
to BIG to put on the listserv so it will probably be there before it's on
the web page.  If you STILL haven't added your ferrets, you can do so by
mailing me or going to the web page:
http://www.comland.com/~ahn/addferret.html.
Sorry for the redundancy, I know many of you have heard over and over (and
over) what this list is all about.  I just got an unusually high number of
requests for clarification.  Thanks for your patience and participation.

Anna (owner#1 :) )

[Moderator's note: Re Anna's comment that the mail to listserv should have
no subject: It's more accurate to say the subject is ignored.  So if you're
using something like AOL with requires that you enter a subject, just make
anything up.  BIG]