Date:
Fri, 5 Apr 2013 12:30:37 -0500
Dear "Anonymous" (and anyone else having similar anger/frustration
toward Nell's posts):

Please note a few things here.
1. The "Nell" posts are marked as such, so you know - as with most
posts - what they are about.
2. Bill always organizes them so that they appear only at the end of
the list.
3. A LOT of ferty folks have donated time, money, and energy - not to
mention prayers, good thoughts, and assistance - to get this woman back
to her own country. I think that even those who could not offer direct
assistance are interested in her ongoing plight.
4. Some people just don't have a support system of friends/family to
lean on, to ask for help, to share things - good and bad - with. She's
using THIS community, the ferret community, that has shown in the past
that we can be replied upon to step up when one of our own needs help.
Lucky you if you are one of those folks who has tons of friends and
family who understand - who CARE - about your love of the four-footed
denizens that mark our hearts with tiny footprints, and don't treat you
like you're weird or psycho because you love animals more than people.
Many of us don't.

Her posts here on the FML not only give her the opportunity to vent and
lean on others because she obviously has no one else she can turn to;
they allow her to share with others what she has been experiencing so
far from home, and to update those who have supported her in whatever
way they can. She's in an ugly situation.

If you feel the need to leave because you're having a tantrum about
"not everything being on-topic", I'm sorry. There are many "off-topic"
things that creep into the FML from time to time, but they are tagged
as such, just as these are. But don't chap Bill's hide because he's
showing compassion by allowing the posts (why shouldn't he?).

And don't rag on Nell. She needs help, and clearly, many people here
want to give it. It's angry posts such as yours that make people like
Nell NOT ask for help when they need it the most.

It's Bill's sandbox - so, if you must, then take your toys and go. But
I am sorry you feel that way.

~Eri in Texas

--

 /\_/\
(>"<)

[Moderator's note: It may be my sandbox in the sense I make a final
decision, but it really belongs to all of us too. All your opinions
are very useful and I everyone for sharing them. BIG]