From:
Cris Page <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Jul 2000 12:14:08 +0100
>From:    Mark Bradley <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: Ferret Kits available in UK

Sheila,

>>From:    Simon Dyer <[log in to unmask]>
>>I have some Albino kits ranging from 6-11week looking for homes here in
>>the UK.

>From:    Sheila Crompton <[log in to unmask]>
>Genuine rescues or having you been breeding them?
>Re-homing kits at 6 weeks is a policy of the "New" National Ferret Welfare
>Society is it?

+Before you start attacking people about what they are doing, try checking
+the facts.

+I know Simon, and I know he has been doing genuine rescue.

+Just because he has mentioned he has kits ages 6-11weeks, doesn't mean he
+is going to let them go yet.  I personally reserved a kit at 1 week old,
+but didn't pick it up til it was old enough.

+Seems to me, all you wanted to do was get your book plugged on the FML.

hey guys.....
As strictly neutral observers... Bubbles and I have the following
observations....

1. Reads to me like Sheila asked a straightforward question... (or two)....

2. Shelia has a signature block that goes on all her outmails... like many
others... so I doubt the book needs plugging on fml or anywhere else.
(That comment was just petty and not relevant to the subject)

3. Is it too much to ask to concentrate on FERRET WELFARE rather than
bitching, backbiting and ego reinforcement ??  All that the internal
wrangling within NFWS has achieved is to put people like me off of
joining... that CANT be good for FERRET welfare... no matter how good it
makes humans feel.  Hell there are few enough ferret people in the uk
without all this stuff.

Ultimately, this is / should be between Sheila and Simon.  So let them get
on with it.

seems to me it was a valid question, even in deepest West Wales I had heard
from several sources of a "shelter" that was considering breeding..

My position is that I will only have ferrets that have been rescued...
seems to me they are in the greatest need of my love, care, patience and
time.... and if fewer people were breeding, maybe there wouldnt be so many
"impulse" buys that later get discarded... and NO THAT IS NOT A FLAME
AGAINST ANYONE>> IT IS MY PERSONAL VIEW that is all..  like it or lump it!!

A question for uk subscribers... Safeway Prima cat litter... paper based...
anyone used it ???  any thoughts ???  being on the South West Wales coast I
have to find some compromises for Bubbles, especially after he has done his
daily bench pressing excersizes with the litter tray... well how else is he
gonna wake me @6am ???  lol ferrets.... u gotta love em !!!  :o) ant input
on the litter is welcome..  thanx :o)

Cris Page....
completely posessed by Bubbles...... ("hey dad... why not sleep in the
afternoon like i do ??)

[Moderator's note: There does seem to be a bit of bickering between
Sheila and Simon and Simon and Sheila.  Posts which seem to be more
concerned with the people than the ferrets will be (and already have
been) sent back for rewriting.  BIG]