From:
Roberta McCanse <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Mar 2009 10:10:34 -0600
Although our situation was not nearly as awful as the one reported in
Colorado we had our own box boys a few years ago. A young man on his
way home from a construction job saw a box beside an on-ramp to the
freeway. He stopped because he thought there might be electronics in
it and found a couple of beautiful sable male ferrets instead. Rather
than leaving them there he took the time to find us in the phone book,
called, and brought them to us. Lucky and Chance became our box boys.
They went home with a family that later had to return them to Stacy at
our Shelter East where they were well loved. They have both since
passed away but their life was certainly better, and longer, than it
would have been without that kind young man.

Bobbi McC
KC Ferret Hotline and Shelter