From:
Roger Vaughn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 26 Jul 2003 12:51:03 -0400
Heh, heh.  Yes, we've seen the "push the medicine away" and the "push
the Q-tips away" moves, too.  This isn't quite the same thing. :-)

When they're "chopping" it doesn't seem to have any purpose, other than
enjoying themselves.

I've heard from Wolfy and one other person whose ferrets do this, so I
know I'm not alone.  (Thankfully!)  Ok, so my ferret's *weird*, but at
least he's not uniquely weird. :-)

Good question, Wolfy - I considered something similar.  I think we're
Kodi's third home, if I remember correctly.  I don't think he was abused,
but maybe he was neglected a bit.  He is a pretty clingy character.  I
kind of wondered if one of his previous homes contained FSU fans who
trained him to do this.....

roger & the wolverine wannabees
missing bear and lancelot