From:
Regina Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Dec 1996 12:46:58 -0500
To anon, who fears a potential blockage--
It sounds like you need to get your ferret to the vet as soon as possible,
or sooner, especially if the ferret isn't eating.  As somebody else pointed
out in today's FML, ferrets fade very fast if they aren't eating.  My ferret
Amelia had a blockage last spring, and it nearly killed her after not being
able to eat for three-four days.  The vet will probably take x-rays to find
out if there's a blockage or not, but you should know that many objects that
ferrets eat don't show up on the x-rays.  Amelia's x-rays didn't even show
gas bubbles around the blockage, although she was completely stopped up.  If
all the symptoms of blockage are there, you and your vet should discuss
exploratory surgery.  Good luck,

Regina
and Cully and Amelia too

Regina Harrison
PhD Student, Anthropology
Joint Co-ordinator, AGSEM-- McGill's TA union
McGill University
Montreal, Quebec
"If that's all there is, my friends, then let's keep dancing" --Peggie Lee