From:
Date:
Thu, 20 Dec 2001 21:23:37 EST
i want to let everyone know that i really hope Donna can keep her shelter
open.  donna helped me recently to take some ferrets from me when I was
overloaded.  i sent her adoptable ferrets and some that needed adrenal
surgery.  i also sent food and supplies that she could use for the
ferrets.  i appriciated that she helped out the ferrets and didn't want
her to have to be to strapped taking care of them.  Donna like any other
ferret shelter is always in need of money, food, helpers, etc.

The Anon poster said that she was the lesser know shelter, but from what
Donna has told me, she likes it that way.  Being a more know ferret
shelter doesn't mean you get loads of donations, helpers, etc.  I know,
I take in 300 to 400 ferrets a year, including the California ferrets.
when gas prices were up, going to Yermo to pick up a ferret cost $60 in
gas.  FA and the CDFa helps out when they can and it sure helps.

so believe me along with being more well known you get more ferrets, more
sick ferrets, have more expenses.  Just for the record, I receive very
little in donations and the shelter is mostly run by myself and my son.

Also the Anon poster forgot to mention that Donna makes great ferret
stuff, she is very talented, you may want to contact her for a list of her
items, all the money goes right back into the shelter.  I can't afford to
lose Donna as a ferret shelter, i can not take in every ferret that needs
a home in Las Vegas.  i always will take the Cali ferrets in, they have no
choice.  please do what you can to help her out.  i'm not in any better
shape than she is but I think she needs it more than my shelter does right
now.

I'm going to try to make a trip over there this weekend and bring 100 lbs
of ferret food and some goodies for the ferrets.

And of course to visit Cosmo, he is the most sweetest ferret, he has a
snagle tooth and he is irrisitable.  I can't spare any cash but I sure
can donate some goods.

My shelter ferrets has been very lucky to have great folks that have
helped in the past, we will always need help as long as i take in unwanted
ferrets, but it is the season for giving and Donna will get my support in
any way I can.

Happy Holidays,
CJ
24 Carat Ferret Rescue And Shelter