From:
Kathy Yanek <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Dec 2003 09:41:45 EST
I have 3 ferrets and only one of them responds to a squeak toy (unlike
rattling the Yogi container where they all come running!).  Caramel, my
female will come instantly from anywhere when I squeak her stuffed monkey
which she often drags around and stashes in her special places.  When she
hears the monkey squeaking she will run up and repeatedly lick my hand
(she is not a kisser at other times) and then gently "mouth" my hand.
She also responds to my cordless phone.  If I press the button to locate
a missing phone and it beeps she goes nuts and attacks the phone.  Maybe
she's hoping it's for her!

Go figure it.