From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Nov 1999 10:56:45 -0500
Anonymous KFC wrote:
>I do not know where even to begin ..  I never said she was a bad ferret
>parent ..  I meant getting featured in Modern Ferret ..  I mean i can grasp

So you weren't bashing T.T.; you were bashing Mary and Eric and Modern
Ferret?  Seems to me that you bashed both (for what you imagined you "saw"
on a faked radio show, no less).  Haven't we been around enough of this
ugliness before?  I think it was done to death earlier and there's no GOOD
reason to start again -- plenty of bad ones but no good ones.

Have you forgotten that Mary and Eric are the same people who were willing
to go out on a financial limb LONG before anyone else to bring
information; that they and AFR have the most accurate publications out
there (That is from us -- and we've got over 15 (16, 17, 18?) years of
experience.); that they give their OWN PRIVATE TIME to helping improve
situations for ferrets (such as the mailings they did earlier this year to
NYC owners as a "heads-up" about the Health Dept.)?  The list could go on
and on about all the great things they have done FOR FERRETS AND FERRET
OWNERS.

Unfortunately, the list could also go on and on about how a few people
have decided to go after Mary and Eric's blood and destroy their business.

If people like you are going to keep trying this then people like me and
those who know me or have been helped by me (HEADS UP!) are going to keep
supporting them as best we can.  Why?  Because the LAST thing ferret
people need to have happen is to risk losing one of the two BEST ferret
references out there just because some people get a kick from being
destructive.

You can SAY that you aren't bashing, but if you then go and do it in the
same letter what's more believable: your claim that you aren't doing
something even while you do it, or the action which is right there in
front of us in black and white?  This is ugly, destructive -- damaging
to ferrets, to ferret efforts, to ferret people, to one of the two
reliable sources of information that can save ferrets, and to the peace
of the FML -- and NOT something we need to have here again.  PERSONALLY,
I ALWAYS WONDER IF THE PEOPLE WHO TRY TO START THESE THINGS ARE EITHER
ANTI-FERRET PEOPLE IN CA F&G OR THE RARE OTHER ANTI-FERRET ELSEWHERE, OR
IF THEY HAVE AN ECONOMIC INTEREST IN THE DESTRUCTION THEY ARE ATTEMPTING.
Of course, I guess there are also people who like to destroy for reasons
other than economic interest.  Get a life.  (Bill, can this topic be
dropped?  It was worked to death earlier.)
[Moderator's note: I think it's pretty much dropped.  Let's give "KFC"
the benefit of the doubt and move on -- the above paragraph is rather
strongly worded for someone who wants it dropped!  BIG]

Perhaps you noticed from the replies that the FML folks weren't positively
impressed by mud slinging?  Know why?  It's because the FML members are
marvelous people!  Hooray for FML members who put helping before hurting,
information before noise, kindness before destruction, and figure that
things like what you said are just a waste of their precious time!!!!!
Pat yourselves on your backs and take a bow, FML Folks!

Sukie who sure isn't perfect and has no room for people who pretend that
they are while they do some of the nastier things EVER done on this list
since its inception (and I WAS here then and ever since), and who plans to
continue putting her money where her mouth is by standing by the reliable
sources of info and welcoming new reliable sources once they have proven
themselves as such.