From:
Laura Bosch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Aug 1996 21:34:47 -0000
Well, you'd think that owning five ferrets would enable you to solve any
aspect of ferret misconduct.  Wrong.

Dr. Zaius is the latest arrival to our tribe--a twenty week old silver mitt
obtained from a pet store where he was kept in less than favorable
condition.  Torn claws, dry paw pads, no room to run.  He's skittish around
people, but we don't blame him b/c he's never been around them much to learn
otherwise.

Anyway, he's doing great except for one messy little habit, which is digging
all the litter out of the pan and onto the floor of the cage, so that the
others have to walk on it.  We can't get him to stop, and don't want to have
to buy another cage just for him to trash all the time.  The other ferrets
won't use any other litter or newspaper, so we can't change that.  Any
suggestions from those who've had this before?  I know several people have
asked but must have gotten personal replies b/c I don't recall seeing it on
the list.

Laura
Nigel, Wayne, Cosmo, Xenia, and Dr. Zaius=20