From:
Erik and Shanna Gamache <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Mar 2004 19:47:59 -0800
I am sure some of you out there with multiple ferrets do your own blood
glucose monitoring at home.  I've always taken them to the vet for this
but with several old timers I find myself living at the vet's office
for nothing more than this simple procedure (and paying a small fortune
for it as well).  My question is, for those of you who do this, what
glucometers do you recommend, and where do you personally draw the blood
from?  I know that the last part can be a controversial question so I'm
also going to review this with my vet as well.  All of my kids will
continue to go in for regular monitoring but that's the first thing I
want to check when my old kids act weird for any reason since they are
all insulinomic so, it would be great to at least be able to do
preliminary tests at home.  Also, any advice, procedures, etc, would
be appreciated.

Thanks!

Shanna