From:
April Vannatta <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 Nov 2007 00:25:45 -0600
Okay, so I have two ferrets that have been on lasix for about six
months for heart and lung issues. We haven't had any problems with it
at all, but I mentioned it to my dad's fiance earlier, and she said
they might need to be on a potassium supplement or something - she
wasn't sure though, she doesn't know about ferrets, but she used to
be a nurse and is on lasix herself.

The food they eat has some potassium in it - like .7% - and I was
wondering if that was enough, or if I should think about getting some
extra potassium for them somehow. If I do, I know bananas have a lot
of it, so would it be a good idea to mix some banana baby food in with
their daily chicken baby food treat? (would rather not use a plain
banana, I don't think it would mix as well with the chicken baby food,
and it's no good if they won't eat it)

I'm going to call my vet and ask on Monday too....