From:
Mary Conley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 Apr 2004 19:47:08 EDT
Earlier MC - the rude one - wrote:
>I don't remember who it was, but several years ago, there was a lively
>discussion about the use of herbs for treatment of various ailments in
>ferrets and the one thing that has stuck in my mind was the comment
>that we simply don't know the proper dosages to give to a ferret.

I Add: Yes we do know the dosages.  For small animals we titrate by
drops.  Since many people do not understand the use of herbs, homeopathy,
or the flower essences this is not easily explained.  I think I did so
when I was on-list before.  You can also refer to Mary Wulff-Tilford's
book 'Herbs for Pets," for all animal-friendly doses.  I know some of
you already have her book.

MC continued:
>Hells bells, we are creating havoc with human health because we don't
>know proper dosages of herbs and potions for ourselves!

I ADD: Yes we do.  The German Commission E has all safety doses listed
after years of study and compilation, PLUS the studies are listed after
each herb for reference.  When I was in pharmacy we got lists each week
of FDA recalled drugs.  It's just not publicized.

MC continued:
>please, do not come out and hang an erroneous hazard warning on
>something that is solely an opinion and has no basis of fact from
>study.  All you do is discredit yourself.

I ADD; The AMA and drug manufacturers in the US are strong organizations
that wish to all but eliminate any alternative-medicine choices from
the US.  So we are totally brainwashed in this country regarding
"doses" "standardization," etc.  Why?  Because alt-medicine promotes
*prevention.*  One could stop seeing doctors and stop taking lifetimes
of medicine.  I have so many examples of how we have gotten folks off of
dangerous FDA rushed- to -market meds.

Anyone who knows me on-list from before knows that I always post a
reference or a source.  I think I did on the original post on vaseline
and it was for *information.* My personal preference is to put *all*
information out there so we can make *informed* decisions.  If ya'll
wish to use vaseline you will do so.  I am not trying to push herbs and
alt-medicine down anyone's throats.  I merely wish to inform.  I didn't
invest 5 more years of study (getting a M.S. in Natural Health, and a
Doctorate also) and stop my life, to share knowledge on-list and be
slammed for it!

Mary L. Conley, ND, Herbalist
Conley Farm Organic Herbs
Online Classes  ~ Private Consultations