From:
Ann Grey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Mar 1998 23:17:06 -0500
I would just like to briefly introduce myself and explain a new project
we're trying to start.  My name is Ann and I'm the research volunteer for
the Pennsylvania Ferret Rescue Association directed by Kymberlie Becker
Barone.  Our project, called "Ferrets Across America", will be explained in
full detail by Kym in a few days.  However, I'll give a brief introduction
to our idea.

"Ferrets Across America" will be set up as a transportation network to
transport ferrets from one part of the country to another.  For example, if
a ferret in Kansas is in need of a home, and has placement in Iowa, this
program will deliver the ferret safely to its new home, eliminating the
need to have him or her shipped as cargo.  The traveling will be done by
volunteer transport agents in shifts of 3 hours or less, 3 to 6 hours, or
any time over 6 hours for those who enjoy driving.

What we need now to kick off the program are ferret lovers to donate some
time as a transport agent.  This will be done strictly on a volunteer basis;
if you offer to volunteer, you won't be required to transport.  In fact, you
may never be asked to volunteer, perhaps because of your location, but it's
nice to know the support is out there.  :-)

Actually we already have a project to transfer ferrets from Florida to
Pennsylvania.  We think we have the distance covered from Virginia to
Pennsylvania, it's Virginia to Florida that we could really use some help.
It would be an easy trip via Interstate 95.

Anyone interested in becoming a transport agent, especially for our first
project, can email Kymberlie at [log in to unmask]  You can also direct
any questions you may have to her.

Ann