From:
sukie crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Jun 2004 12:29:26 -0400
What the discussions on ferrets and money mean is that it is best to
AVOID problems by budgeting so that one can put together rainy day
savings, not only for your own future safety, but to demonstrate love
for ferrets by having such savings for them as well.

Ferrets are a lot better than new carpeting, new paint, new bathtub, new
shower stall, needed bookcases, or certainly anything less essential than
those.  We know; we're doing without them in favor of providing medical
care for our ferrets.

This is NOT an EITHER-OR thing as in have money or don't have ferrets.
Nope.

The way it IS an EITHER-OR thing is in terms of "Save money or when hard
time happen your ferrets could wind up paying the price".