From:
Lois Caselman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Jul 2002 16:27:19 -0500
Tazziebutt made it back on his boogie board today!  He is having a blast!
He is checking out all of his old hidey holes and looking for the new
little girl Skittles.  (She comes around and all the weenies in my family
skittle lol) She is getting better with her biting now.  She doesn't
ratchet like she did.

Anyway, thank you all for your advise and idea's.  I am saving them all
for the next time which of course I hope there isn't one.

Tazzie has been insulinomic for well over a year.  This month his blood
sugar has been running 350 so the other day (right before Tazzie's front
arm quit working) our vet had us take Tazzie off of his pred.  2 days
later his arm quits, and he can't hardly sit up.  The swelling seems to
be moving faster in his neck and body.  The vet is out of the office
until Saturday so yesterday I started her back on her pred and finally
tonight he is back in action.  Richard and I talked about it and decided
that his bloodsuger being so high might kill him but that he was dying
slowly and not comfortably without the pred.  And of course he's dying
anyway and I don't want it with him being the same as paralyzed when it
doesn't have to be that way.

Here is the bad news.

I told you about Tazz's urine.  Today it has the worst odor that you can
imagine.  IT IS BAD!  Richard was clear across the room and he asked me
what that horrible smell was.  It is dark yellow, thick, and full of
puss.  He has been on a huge dose of baytril for a month now but it just
gets worse.  He usually get an injection one day and pill form the next
so that he doesn't get sore.  He doesn't mind it in the neck, anywhere
else and it's on.  Anyway, as of today he neck is to swollen to get his
injection.

I know some of you will understand this and others will think that it
is gross but since he has no bladder or bowel control and his penis was
getting infected from laying on it while on his boogie board, we cut a
wide slit in the boogie board where his bladder can empty at anytime it
want's to.  We have the slick floor and we mop it every day anyway, I
just figured what's moping it one more time a day if it helps our little
buddy be comfortable.

Thank you for all of your prayers and positive energy.  Not only does
Tazzie feel it but I do too.

Thank you all very much.
Lois
Missing 7 pieces of my heart