Date:
Tue, 6 Dec 2005 10:38:23 -0700
Hello everyone,

I am a longtime reader of the FML; I usually just lurk, but I thought I
would share a funny ferret story during this stressful holiday time of
year.

I have a very peculiar boy named Zathrus.  For those of you familiar with
Babylon 5, he is very much like the character he is named after.  He is
a deaf MF blaze who came to me as a rescue and he can never make up his
mind if he is coming or going.  Right now I am trying to integrate two
new girls into my crew, so they are living in a separate cage.  They
get along fine with Zathrus and my other MF boy Nemo, so I let them out
together.  The girls' cage is an old Quality Cage that I bought years
ago; it has two full floors and a half-floor inbetween.  Zathrus has
decided that the best way to have a drink during run-around time is to
go into the girls' cage, lie on his back on the landing and stretch his
neck down to drink out of their water bottle.  This requires a downward
stretch of about 8 to 9 inches!  Normally, you would ask yourself "Why is
he doing that?", but since it is Zathrus that explains everything.  So,
the other day I am sitting here checking my email and I look over and
there is Zathrus, upside down as usual and having a drink.  However, I
could tell he didn't have his positioning quite right.  As I am watching
he falls right on his head!  I must have laughed for five minutes
(fortunately he can't hear me).  Zathrus just stood there looking around
like "Why am I here?  What was it that I was doing?"

Just like I always tell people - when you have ferrets you don't need TV
anymore.

Happy Holidays to all,
Serena & the Wrecking Crew:
Mathayus, Zathrus, Nemo, Kismet, Pandora and Elektra