From:
Linda Iroff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Jul 2007 07:34:35 -0400
Sukie wrote:
>an approach they [PetSmart] decided to take after first learning from
>people like Linda Iroff of the IFC.

Sukie gives me too much credit. It was Dr. Mike Staitman, formerly of
PetSmart, who wanted to devise a way they could sell ferrets more
humanely, and he was the main force behind that project. It was also
Dr. MIke who started the project to remove unhealthy treats from their
product line.

Ferrets are only sold in a very small percentage of their stores, and
only if there are no viable shelters nearby. Some of may remember a
year or so ago when they were going to start selling ferrets in a
location that concerned the ferret community. (Was it Las Vegas? My
memory is unclear.) To many people's surprise, they actually listened
to our concerns and decided not to put ferrets there.

Not ALL corporations are evil, it depends on the people who work there.
If WE make the effort, we can often work with them. But it is up to us
to keep them on their toes!

Thank you Connie for your persistence in looking out for the welfare of
Spanky!

Linda Iroff
International Ferret Congress
http://www.ferretcongress.org