From:
Marianne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Jul 1995 22:20:59 -0400
hobbes is an extremely heavy breather, of the sort mentioned here recently,
ie huffing and puffing while he runs and making the "kih kih kih" noise.
however, recently he has been having almost coughing "attacks" where he
almost doubles over and coughs and gasps for about 2 minutes.  Immediatly
after, he is fine and runs around, eats, etc.  Someone's poop is very thin
and somewhat dark, and i am pretty sure it is his.  His owner (my roommate)
bought the clumping cat litter recently and we were wondering if this is
what caused this?  Anyway we got rid of the clumping cat litter and have
been giving him KittyMalt and hoping for the best.  Any advice?

also say a big welcome to Cookie-Bear :) :) our new baby from the humane
society.  Finally we got a cuddly ferret!!  She is a sable, 3 months old,
and loves to "cling" to people with her small hands and feet.  Hobbes and
Periscope seem to love her already, plus she went straight for the litter
box (on the floor) and used it consistently all day (they looked at her
like, "aww why'd you have to go and make us look bad?") It made me sad..
she was all grungy and awful looking when i first saw her, and ridden with
fleas.  After a bath and some cleaning up, she is beautiful!  i think her
previous owners werent too great about care..  she had no shots, major
fleas and wasnt fixed.  Plus for the section where you are supposed to put
any additional info prospective owners should know, the previous owner put
"very nosy".  um..  hello?  Isnt that sort of like putting, "barks, sniffs
bushes" for a dog?  Anyway she now has a happy home with us.  Also now I
notice how *tiny* periscope actually is, being a month older then Cookie
and Hobbes and about half their size/weight.

Sorry for the length :)
Marianne
Hobbes - "Duh... who's she? She's cute!"
Periscope - "no! no! Don't use that thing.. that's the litter box!! Agh!
Stop!"
Cookie-Bear - "*hugglesnugglekiss bouncebouncestickto* YAY!! "