From:
Jessica Alsop <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Dec 2005 05:36:20 EST
Hello all this is Jessy and her new found fuzzy friend Snitch.... I
recently purchased my wonderful fuzzy at a Petco in Boulder Colorado.
Snitch told me I am his mommy and climbed up my arm to confirm it.  I
was so excited that I raced home with him and forgot to ask a few very
important questions.

When we got home Snitch had a small cough, nothing more and still as
playful as ever nothing seems to be bogging him down.  I called the petco
I had purchased him from to ask the all important questions of how old he
was, if he had any shots, if he was altered and descented.  Well they had
no answers for me... none.  I asked about the cough and they said that I
would have to return him as in get refund and all and they would take him
to the vet... I said screw that.

After the vet visit (which I shouldn't have need to get nearly as much
information from) I now know that he is about 5 months old, has not been
altered but has been descented, and is underweight and has a cold...
luckly he is eating well and kept in a warm place we dont have to
intervene at this time... still should it have been that bad?  I do have
to wait until he is a bit fatter to get him the full shots right now but
that will come soon.

It just kills me that they couldn't decide how old he was when he came in
nor how long he was at the shop before his mommy came to get him... how
do you not keep records of that kind of important info?

Isnt there supposed to be some regulations of care and records for
selling live animals?  What if he had something we could contract?
Needless to say I will never get another live animal from them as much
as I hate to see them in the little cages begging for new parents I just
cant support a company that doesn't keep records and vital information
on their animals.

Enough of my rant

"dooks" to all and have a happy new year!!!!!

Jessy and Snitch