From:
Robert Jacobs <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 May 1997 12:42:43 -0400
Hello again ferret friends.

Today I met with the Bay County Exectutive, Mr. Thomas L. Hickner in his
office.  TV-5 News was there, I was there, his office staff was there, he
came in from another meeting later (but I was still there).

Mr. Hickner gave me his verbal promise that "nothing will happen to your
animal until you have been given ample time for due process of law".  I
don't know about you but to me that means GET OUTTA MY OFFICE.  I took the
time to present him with the facts of Kodo's plight, to present him with a
copy of the Michigan law and all items which the law refers to (CDC's
guidelines of Feb. 1997).  I'm not overly impressed with his
response\reaction and only hope he is a man of his word.

We still don't know the status of Kodo, and still aren't allowed to visit
him at the shelter.  We have decided to pursue this to the bitter end
regardless of what happens to Kodo.

The Great Lakes Ferret Association (which I am a member of) is furnishing an
attorney to help me and all ferret owners.  This case is going to court so
that no-one else has to live through all this ever again.  We are no longer
doing this just for Kodo or our own personal interest.  In speaking with the
Attorney and others I've discovered that this could end up costing big big
money to get a decision, but when you divide 20 to 25,000 dollars by the
estimated number of ferret owners it's a paltry amount to any individual.

Now, you all knew this was coming by now, here's the hook.  Can YOU as a
ferret owner afford to give up a coke, pack of cigarettes or whatever and
send that money in to help with this fight?  Have you found a quarter in the
washing machine, or pennies lying around????  Get a money order, or a check
and send that into this address:

            Gloria Davis
            Treasurer Great Lakes Ferret Association
            27654 Southpointe
            Grosse Ile, Michigan   48138

            ATTN:  GLFA/LAF

Please make them payable to GLFA/LAF that way everyone knows the monies are
to be allocated to the Legal Action Fund.

What's that I hear out there???  You don't have the money right now but you
do have a credit card???  (bwwwwaaahhahahahahaha) We're even set for that.
Call me at (517) 777-4807 or E-mail me and we'll call you.  Have your
credit\debit card ready and we'll process it over the phone for you.

THIS IS URGENT!!!  We, as ferret owners need to act now, it's not just for
Kodo but for ferrets everywhere, precedents can be set with this case but we
need the monies to take action and strike while the anvil is HOT HOT HOT.

Thanks to all in advance

A very special thanks to BIG for his special consideration in this entire
matter.  We really love ya man!!!

Carrowor (Robert Jacobs)