From:
Richard and Katharine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Jul 1999 08:00:06 -0400
Cage confinement all alone can be very lonely.  Do you have another ferret
you can trust with her to keep her company?  When Lily has had surgery (3
times), after a few days, I let Lany stay with her some for company.  I
KNOW Lany won't hurt her.

As for the cats, they may be smelling the bandage/cast and she may smell
like a stranger to them.  I know that when I even have a band-aid on me,
the ferrets all sniff at it and try to bite it off.  It may just be the
unusual smell that the cats don't recognize.

Katharine