From:
Melissa Litwicki <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Apr 1997 11:12:37 -0400
Alicia wrote;

>Hats off to you girl -- we are working much as you are , but with the
>lymphoma kids-- it is so hard to tell what may be working.

I've got, btw, some good dosage information now (FINALLY) on various herbals
and vitamins, if you'd like to start collaborating.  It is hard to tell what
works - nothing, in the doses I've used, has produced any noticeable effect.
Well, not true - Friday seems chipperier (chipperishier?  sounds like what
you'd get if you crossed a belgian draft horse with a small hyper terrier)
than before, but her 'symptoms' havent changed.

>One word of caution on licorice root drops-- if too much is given-- a hyper
>adrenal condition can be prompted-- since that seems to be the most common
>malady in our early alter ferts, we have cut out almost all use of licorice
>root here.  It is administered here as an immune system booster only when
>the ferret is a late alter.

Thanks for the cautions.  I've been giving two drops a day, 1 each at each
feeding, because I'm leery of overdosing.

>We have had some really good luck with a product called "flor essence tea"
>which is administered several times daily -- to date it has helped break up
>and dissolve a prostate cyst in a bi lateral adrenal kid ( the caution here
>is that it tends to cause a low blood sugar condition so is NOT helpful for
>the insulinoma or borderline kids).  Good luck -- wishing Friday a recovery.

Again, good information that I will ferret away (har har). I have 'essaic'
but will try the flor essence - contact me on dosages?

Melissa

 ___ Melissa Litwicki __ [log in to unmask] ___
 By the whole newsgroup devoted tennis showing
     it after scarfing fork and laughters