From:
"March, Jim" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Jul 1996 19:44:59 -0700
>From:    sheena staples <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Here's a Doozy

>"So this is her" I said, carefully taking the cage from her and placing on
>the floor on the *other* side of the room.  I handed her son Willie "This
>is a ferret," I said, "What you have brought me, is a mink."  ...

>So - does anyone know what I should do?  This critter, while certainly not
>a very nice pet, uses a litterbox, eats kibble and crawls back into her
>cage after playtime to sleep.  She is obviously not *wild*.  The local
>wildlife rehab tells me she's too tame to release, so they will probably
>destroy her.  Now what?  ...

Too funny!  As to what to do, there's people that specialize in wild animal
rehab, mostly not gov't affiliated.  I think you need to hook up with that
crowd fast...aren't you in or near wild mink territory?

Next question is, how the hell did this happen?  I mean, what mowron brought
the poor thing to the SPCA in the first place?