From:
Paula Bryder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 29 Mar 1997 14:51:19 -0800
Hi FMLers,
A few months ago, I had written singing the praises of a local pet store I
had considered ferret-friendly...PetMart, Tampa Fla.  Things have changed &
I wanted to update you.

!.  They stopped carrying fresh ferret food in their bins - the manager told
me it was not cost effective since MF didn't give them a break on cost.
Interesting, but all 3 of mine & Heidi,when she came from Fredonia, loved
that food best.  Price was reasonable, it was easy to get & retraining them
was hard.

!.  Their cost on Ferretvie (which all four of mine love) is $1.50 higher
than another local store.

!.  I bought a product there called Flea-Away soon after I acquired Heidi
last November.  I bought the product from this store because of the One Year
Money Back Guarantee.  I followed instructions, vacuumed when the package
said to,etc, and waited.  Still fleas, even after the 3-5 week waiting
period...took the product back & was told by the cashier "Sweetheart, it
works for me..." The fine print on the pkg says contact the manufacturer -
right - on a Saturday!  They now have the product advertised in the store at
$5.00 more than I paid for it, with Money Back Guarantee written all over
the display, but they won't back it up.  Besides that, I hate being called
"Sweetheart' by a cashier with a bad blonde dye job.

In sum, I rescind my recommendation. If you are in Tampoa looking for
ferret products,DON"T patronize the following:
PetMart
4914 Busch Blvd.
Tampa, Fla 33617
813-985-1865
Manager: Gus

I have had good luck at :
Pet Supermarket
1104 Fowler Ave E
Tampa
813-971-8049
The manager lives with ferrets, their kits are held for sale in a reasonable
environment, their ferret toys & supplements are reasonable & their sales
people don't dis their customers.

Best wishes & ferret kisses to all,
Paula
Conan the large ( who called you sweetheart, ma?  lemme at 'em!!!blonde hair
dye does cause dain bramage, huh...)
Camille the sweet ( yeh, yeh, yeh... where's my ferretvite)
Heidi the Fredonia Queen (Ma! Get rid of these fleas!)
Rikki the Meek (huh, whuut, ok, ma, zzzzzz)