From:
Chere McCoy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Oct 2004 11:34:39 EDT
Hello my friends!

Finally back on line after we took a direct hit from both Hurricane
Frances and Jeanne.

First, all the animals are fine.  Splash had some intestinal problems
along with other illness.  Thanks to a little ferret that crossed the
Rainbow Bridge (named Fenway), Splash has plenty of medicine and is
recovering fast.  Also, the donation from a wonderful herbalist (you
know who you are) kept the babies calm during the worst of the storm
and also helped keep them healthy.

There are so many people to thank but I must thank the Duck Lite for her
overwhelming generosity and keeping in contact with me daily to get
updates.  Whomever donated the generator - I thank you, the ferrets thank
you (although they all came down with FADD [(Ferret Attention Deficit
Disorder)) once we hook Duck's Air conditioner up.  SOS has always been
there for us.

So you weren't mentioned?  Well, everyone that helped us will get a
personal thank you card (cards donated by another organization that want
to remain anon).  It will probably take at least 6 to 8 weeks to get all
the cards out (by Christmas I hope) but you will get a card.  For those
that did not leave there snail mail address on paypal - I caught you, I
have your e-mail and will be sending you thank your too.

Both our Insurance adjuster and FEMA came this week.  The adjuster was
very nice, he proclaimed we needed a new roof, new porch, new outside
back wall, ceilings had to be torn out (due to water damage and mold),
our home had shifted off the block, and found lots of other things
(Larry says he will believe him when he see the insurance check).
FEMA wrote us up as House not inhabitable (he said so we will get help
faster).  WE should here something more from both FEMA and the Insurance
by next Friday (gosh, I hope so).

We have been eating lots of MRE's (Meals Ready to Eat).  Yesterday I went
to the store and they actually had meat and fish.  You have to go early
in the morning or lots of supplies are gone.  Imagine 80,000 people all
trying to restock their refrigerator (if they still have a refrigerator).

Don't know what they have said about us on the news.  We've been Newsless
(except for local radio) until this morning and we didn't hear anything
about Indian River County, so if any of you have news I sure would like
to hear it.  We know our county was hit very hard and many, many, many
business and homes have been condemned.  Yesterday a big machine (don't
know what it is called) tore down the house across the street.  Two more
house's across the street are set for demolition this week.

I got pictures of the house when we first say it after hurricane Jeanne
and will try to figure out how to get the pictures up.  I can send the
pictures to someone so they can post them.

Thank you all for your help I will be sending personal thank yous.  If
you want to donate to our shelter you can still send donations to Agedog1
at paypal, or to the address below.

Finally, those snacks that were sent to us are really really good!  Mold
is still a problem but with the air conditioners going we don't' have the
smell and the ceiling is drying.  Duck Lite sent down some wonderful
cleaner so it is being used to sterilize the Ferrets play room daily.  We
have ferrets coming in from the Humane Society and we have ordered stuff
for them so they will be comfortable till we find homes.

Again thank you so much, I will send more later.  Still have to connect
my computer at home.

Till next time - God bless you all

Chere McCoy
Ferret Friends of Indian River County